Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Really?

Here I sit. Just off the phone with the big bad phone company!  We just moved.
Down the orad. I wanted to keep my same phone number. They let me! Great! So excited. So much less stress. The stress free, seamless transition they promised when they hooked me up ended when I opened my bill. Apparently, with all of our technology, it costs almost $55 bucks to flip a switch!


I probably would not have minded as much if it were weeks before Christmas and if they had at least told me. I mean, I spoke with 3 different people in 3 different departments just to get my phone service switched to the new house down the road.

Really?

$55 to flip a switch? The bill makes it look as if they actually sent a couple of techs right out to the property ..in a snowstorm...in the dark...without a ladder.

I must say, if you don't watch , every utility, cell phone company, bank and or credit card company will "slide" in fees just to see if you notice. Well I for one cannot...will not ...sit down for this anymore. I rang them up on their handy device to protest.

Thanks to Margaret! No screaming, yelling, ranting required. Be courteous. Be patient. Customer service jobs suck. It's usually code for "the one willing to be yelled at".

A little explanation...silence...pause...she could reduce the fee $14....(more silence on my part)...$30...I hear crickets...oh how about the whole $55! Yes Ma'am! All I had to do was listen to her try to sell me an upgraded bundle package.

I promised to get back to her on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment